The UK is one of the first countries in the world to have CAR-T (an individualised therapy involving reprogramming the patient’s immune system to target and destroy cancer) available on the healthcare system. NHS England, Kite/Gilead, Industry and NHS providers partnered in a unique way to ensure the infrastructure was in place, new patient pathways developed and HCPs trained, ready and confident to deliver this potentially life-changing therapy in an expedited timeframe. This partnership approach is just the beginning. The ability to deliver CAR-T is an exciting milestone, opening up a new chapter for the industry, HCPs, patients and the future of cell therapies.
- Accelerating The CURE Project - Curing Tobacco Addiction in Greater Manchester: Pfizer and NHS Partners
- Atrial fibrillation quality improvement in primary care across West Yorkshire and Harrogate: Bayer and Yorkshire & Humber AHSN
- Integrated Stoma Care Partnership: Coloplast and NHS Partners
- Northern Bone Health Project - Falls and Fracture Prevention, a Population Approach: Amgen and NHSA
- Proactive Register Management (PARM) Tool in Diabetes: Eli Lilly & Company, Kernow CCG and Devon CCG
- The ‘Think ARV’ Project – Avoiding medicines-related problems for people living with HIV in Brighton and Hove: MSD and Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals Trust
- The transformation of heart failure services in Lothian: Novartis Pharmaceuticals and NHS Lothian