Babies who don’t grow normally in the womb are at increased risk of being stillborn: recognising when there is poor intrauterine growth gives clinicians a chance to monitor and potentially deliver a baby early. This project has led to 80 per cent of maternity units in the UK using its approach to monitoring – and has contributed to a dramatic fall in stillbirths over the last 10 years.
The Growth Assessment Protocol started in the West Midlands which had one of the highest stillbirth rates in the country. It was able to demonstrate that most unexplained stillbirths were associated with growth restriction – which is usually caused by placental failure which, the project established, increased the rate of stillbirth 10 fold.
- Barca Outreach Support Team (BOST): Barca-Leeds
- Bassetlaw Integrated Care Partnership: Bassetlaw Community and Voluntary Service and Partners: Bassetlaw CCG, Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals FT, Healthwatch Nottingham and Nottinghamshire, Nottinghamshire Healthcare FT, Newgate Primary Care Network, Larwood and Bawtry Primary Care Network, Retford and Villages Primary Care Network, Bassetlaw District Council and Nottinghamshire County Council
- British Red Cross Emergency Department Enhancement & Assisted Discharge Scheme in Wales: British Red Cross
- Development of principles and guidance for prehabilitation within the support and management of people with cancer: Macmillan Cancer Support, Royal College of Anaesthetists and National Institute for Health Research Cancer and Nutrition Collaboration
- Genomics Awareness and Engagement Collaboration: Macmillan Cancer Support and Partners: NHS England and NHS Improvement, Health Education England, Public Health England, Bloodwise, Bowel Cancer UK, Target Ovarian, Eve Appeal, Overcome, Sarcoma UK, CRUK, AMRC, Brain Tumour Research Charity, Breast Cancer Now and Ovarian Cancer Action
- Get It On Time: Parkinson’s UK & Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust
- Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnership: Restore, Ox Mind, Elmore, Response, Connection Support
- Service Pledge – Dedicated to improving breast cancer services: Breast Cancer Now and West Yorkshire & Harrogate Cancer Alliance